We sit for an hour Saturday and Sunday mornings starting at 10 am local Belfast time.
Zoom Zendo Link
(ID 7630773412, password zendo)
If you’ve never meditated with us before, please read the information below before joining us.
- It is helpful to arrive a few minutes early so that you can settle in before we start meditating.
- If joining online, your sound will be automatically muted when you arrive.
- There will be three bells to signal the beginning of the sitting meditation period.
- There will be two bells after 25 minutes, followed by a “clack” to begin kinhin, or walking meditation.
- After 10 minutes of kinhin there will be another “clack” to sit down again, followed by three bells for the second period of sitting meditation.
- We end with one bell, followed by the robe chant (which will be displayed on your screen if joining online) if you want to join in.
- The person who is doing the bells will then read a line or two from Suzuki Roshi.
- When attending online, most of us set up a cushion and a mat in front of the laptop or phone, but with the screen turned away so we’re not looking directly at it – you can experiment with the set-up that works for you.
- On Friday mornings we have a weekly check-in at 8 am that lasts about 40 minutes – we each talk about how our practice has been and what’s going on for us
- On Saturday mornings at 11 am we have an hour-long study group that you are welcome to join.