Sunday Meditation (in-person and online)
We sit for an hour in person on Sunday mornings, starting at 10 am local Belfast time (there will also be an online option as usual), followed by morning service and a cup of tea.
If you’ve never meditated with us before, please read the information below before joining us.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing, and shoes that can be slipped off before you enter the zendo.
- It’s helpful to arrive at least five minutes early so that you can settle in before we start meditating.
- When you participate in person, we request that you maintain silence in the zendo – if joining online, your sound will be automatically muted when you arrive.
- There will be three bells to signal the beginning of the sitting meditation period.
- There will be two bells after 25 minutes, followed by a “clack” to begin kinhin, or walking meditation.
- After 10 minutes of kinhin there will be another “clack” to sit down again, followed by three bells for the second period of sitting meditation.
- We end with one bell, followed by the robe chant which you can find in your chant book.
- We will then have morning service: The chants we use can be found here if you’re online, or in your chant book if you’re in the zendo.