We sit for an hour Monday to Friday morning starting at 7 am local Belfast time.
Zoom Zendo Link
(ID 7630773412, password zendo)
If you’ve never meditated with us before, please read the information below before joining us.
- It is helpful to arrive a few minutes early so that you can settle in before we start meditating.
- If joining online, your sound will be automatically muted when you arrive.
- There will be three bells to signal the beginning of the sitting meditation period.
- There will be two bells after 25 minutes, followed by a “clack” to begin kinhin, or walking meditation.
- After 10 minutes of kinhin there will be another “clack” to sit down again, followed by three bells for the second period of sitting meditation.
- We end with one bell, followed by the robe chant (which will be displayed on your screen if joining online) if you want to join in.
- The person who is doing the bells will then read a line or two from Suzuki Roshi.
- When attending online, most of us set up a cushion and a mat in front of the laptop or phone, but with the screen turned away so we’re not looking directly at it – you can experiment with the set-up that works for you.
- On Friday mornings we have a weekly check-in at 8 am that lasts about 40 minutes – we each talk about how our practice has been and what’s going on for us
- On Saturday mornings at 11 am we have an hour-long study group that you are welcome to join.